Thursday, October 9, 2014

The PocketDerm Cave

So I caved...

And signed up for PocketDerm. You see, I didn't think I would ever need to sign up for PocketDerm; neem oil had taken my cystic skin and turned it into the smoothest, most perfect skin I’d ever had in my decade long battle with the damn menace.




But suddenly, about 3 weeks ago, my skin just started to ramp up in bad. It got worse and worse and worse and before I knew it I had 3 clusters (yes, clusters) of cystic-like nodules on my face; the worst of them on my chin. Nevermind the deep nodules that are scattered around my cheeks and jawline like barnacles on a ship. It was so bad, I didn’t want to leave the house. It was so bad, I cried and stayed home from class- something that I hadn’t done since high school. So what could I do? I was applying my neem and taking my bactrim and praying and praying... and nothing was happening.
So some friends of mine gently encouraged I try PocketDerm (“You’re proselytizing about them all the time, why the hell won’t you SIGN UP now that you need them?”). I couldn’t really admit that I was scared. I was terrified, really. What if it didn’t work? What if I needed something more? Well they complained and cajoled and I caved. I’ve officially signed up.
I actually signed up October 6 around 9am (pacific daylight time). Before the day was over, my prescription was made up (4% Niacinamide, 1% Clindamycin, 4% Azelaic Acid) and I had an oral prescription (Spironolactone) sent to my pharmacy. I had the Spiro before the next day was even over. And I’m writing all of this now to show you DUN DUN DUUUUN my new PocketDerm compounded topical prescription! (In 2 days! It was ready and sent in 2 days! Oh my god. I 200% can’t.)


Oh my... what could this be?

OH DANG IT'S MY POCKETDERM PACKAAAGE!

...now what's inside... there's so much... paper...

Samples?

And my prescription! OOOOH! So fance.

                             Instructions???                     Oh dang, they were not kidding- actual instructions.

If PocketDerm looks as amazing to you as it does to me, (and for $20 per month without insurance,  it looks pretty amazing) then you can try it for free for a month by using my handy, dandy invite link. Just click that honey before you register and it’ll be applied to your account and you can try one free month of PocketDerm’s Acne treatment.
The thing that makes PocketDerm so damn amazing is their foray into teledermatology. What that means is you don’t need to make an appointment sometime in the distant future to wait to see someone (someone who may or may not be too busy to listen to your issues- spoiler alert they usually are). Instead, you fill out the PocketDerm questionnaire, which is very similar to the kind you do at the doctors, “Are you on any medication,” etc. and then you provide them with well-lit pictures. I took mine with my POS LG camera phone in front of my security door (so there was light on my face). Trust me, they just want a well-lit look at your skin.
Depending on the state you live in (since they’re not available in all states- but they’re working on transcontinental roll-out), you’re assigned one of the two doctors- Dr. David Lortscher or Dr. Nancy Satur. Your doctor then looks through your pictures and medical history, and formulates a compounded cream just for you and your specific skin concerns. You might be prescribed oral antibiotics or spironolactone (or you might not), but you’re under no obligation to use them. And sorry, my loves outside the US, they are not international. They also don’t take/use insurance WHICH MEANS all of this wonderful cheapness is based off an unsured model. So if you’re one of the unlucky millions in the US without insurance, PocketDerm might just be the solution you’re looking for.
Now you might think that this is where the wild train ride ends- but you’re wrong. They’re also available for questions and concerns via email 24/7 and get back to you quickly (hella quickly). If you run out of your cream, you can get more (and it’s covered under your 20 dollar monthly subscription fee). They even give you suggestions about skincare to try with their products (but, pssh, gurl, that’s what you have me for). They even have a blog, honey. A derm team with a blog. But, again, pssh, that’s what you have me for. ;)
So if all that sounds great- sign up (with my link)! They have a 90 day money back guarantee and it’s really easy to cancel- not that bs “It’s easy to cancel but only after to give us your first born and some blood and maybe your precious fluffy kitten,” kind of cancel. It really is simple and easy. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment